- Quai Saint-Vincent, Lyon, FranceAmbience near the Saône river, 4:33min., by Flavien Gillié
- Lörick, Düsseldorf, DeutschlandDüsseldorf, Wevelinghoferstr, kybernetic op art objects, 2:14min., by Frank Schulte 4 more sound(s) at this location...
- Bradford Peverell, Dorset, UKWalking Meditation, 2:05min., by bentleyr@m...
- Kings County, CA, USATulare Salt Slough North Shoreline, 2:40min., by Steven Rowell
- Tulare Lake Bed, Central Valley, CATulare Lakebed Canal Pump, 3:28min., by Steven Rowell
- from balcony, second floor, National Theater Mariborafter a show, 5:10min., by OR poiesis
- Quai Saint-Vincent, Lyon, France
- Highland Park Public Library Presents: Earth Day Harmony with NatureEric Leonardson of the Midwest Society of Acoustic Ecology will introduce the concept of Soundscape Ecology and lead participants in a sound walk. This is an all ages event. Saturday, April 18 2:00pm – 3:00pm Highland Park Public Library 494 Laurel Ave, Highland Park, Illinois 60035 Show Map
- April-June 2015 WFAE News QuarterlyThe April-June 2015 WFAE News Quarterly is now online. This issue focuses on of WFAE affiliate news; a tribute to Peter Grant; a call for papers for publication in Soundscape: The Journal of Acoustic Ecology, Balance-Unbalance 2015, and a summary of recent research projects.
- Proceedings of Invisible Places | Sounding Cities 2014It is now possible to download the 812-page proceedings from the 2014 Invisible Places | Sounding Cities symposium at http://invisibleplaces.org/IP2014.pdf. A city is a place of diversities. Its rhythms are sometimes contrapuntal, sometimes synchronous. We live in a city of multiple destinations and routes—spaces populated by sounds, smells, gestures, visions, exchanges, encounters, and feelings. We […]
- Highland Park Public Library Presents: Earth Day Harmony with Nature
Deep Listening: Art/Science 2nd Annual International Conference on Deep Listening July 10-12, 2014 Pre-conference workshops – July 7-9 Conference – July 10-12 Post-conference festival – July 12 & July 13 Experimental Media and Performing Arts Center (EMPAC) at Rensselaer Polytechnic …
You are invited to participate in the 2014 World Listening Day an annual glocal event held on July 18. The purposes of World Listening Day are to: Celebrate the listening practices of the world and the ecology of its acoustic …
On Monday, April 28 my post on “Acoustic Ecology and Ethical Listening” was published on the City Creatures blog about animal encounters in the urban wilderness. This coincided with the Forum on Ethics & Nature: A Cascade of Loss, an …