Invited guests this year include keynote speaker, Adrian Davis, from Royal Free Hampstead NHS Trust presenting, “Hearing Problems: A global burden - how do we reduce it?” along with Laurie Wells from Associates in Acoustics, Inc. who will be...
President Obama has launched a national dialogue about conservation in America to learn about some of the smart, creative ways communities are conserving outdoor spaces. The voting tool is available to encourage interaction among those interested in America's Great Outdoors....
framework – phonography / field recording; contextual and decontextualized sound activity presented by patrick mcginley
playlist #298: 2010.09.26
this edition of framework:afield, entitled collected ear is the third of four editions produced by members of the world listening project, this one in the u.s. (and not in the uk, as i mistakenly said during the show – sorry andy!) by andy armstrong.
andy says: I tried to focus the show on a somewhat diverse array of raw, relatively unprocessed recordings, calling to attention more personal/unique interpretations of field recording, regardless of fidelity. The idea was to provide you with a seamless conversation between people, objects, and places.
- Family Xmas Dinner – Eric Boivin
- 7 Markers Across a Hallway (excerpt) – Noé Cuéllar http://www.futurevessel.com/
- Paradise IV – Paul Connolly http://www.brightbluebeetle.com/
- Seagulls and Where They Live – Joe Stevens http://soundsofseaside.tumblr.co
- Bridge – Andy Armstrong http://m-t-map.tumblr.com
- Doing the Dishes – Björn Eriksson http://ruccas.org/wiki.pl/Miulew
- Megabus 7 Layer Drone – Royl Culbertson
- Waves on to a Sandy Beach – Joe Stevens
- Lizard – Miles Bowe http://milesoutinthefield.blogspot.com
- Drift Away, Laying on the Beach – Joe Stevens
- Washdrone – Royl Culbertson
- Old Dog/Spillway – Greaser http://fewchur.blogspot.com/
Organizations and Projects Aconica (Berlin) I-Hear in the Country (Warborough, Dorchester, Overy, and Shillingford, England) Radio Aporee American Society for Acoustic Ecology Improv with Nature (Sterling Heights, MI) Radio Lab (Brasília, Brazil) Australian Forum for Acoustic Ecology Kinokophone Rádio...
The American Society for Acoustic Ecology is pleased to announce ASAE Chicago:
"Listening for the Future"
July 9th, 10th & 11th, 2010
Midwest Society for Acoustic Ecology and The World Listening Project...