Dear friends and colleagues,
Today, Tuesday, December 3rd is #GivingTuesday, an international celebration of generosity and the support of nonprofits through crowdsourced philanthropy. The 24-hour online fundraising event helps nonprofits like the World Listening Project appeal to people who make charitable gifts at the end of each calendar year, as in some nations like the USA, such donations are tax deductible.
What does the volunteer run World Listening Project need its funds for? Financial support helps us better and more equitably serve our mission of fostering understanding of the world and its natural environment, societies and cultures through the practices of listening and field recording. Among other things, primary costs include:
- Maintaining a website and the WLP’s online presence.
- Conducting public workshops, forums, and lectures.
- Participating in exhibitions, symposiums, and festivals.
- Design, marketing and communications services to promote activities on and stories about World Listening Day
- State fees associated with maintaining nonprofit status.
- Video conferencing app fees (Zoom).
The World Listening Project is asking for your fiscal support as well as your help sharing our campaign on Facebook or other platforms. Please consider donating a gift of even $5 to $10, more if you can. Gifts of all sizes truly do help us with our modest expenses. Our success in crowdsourced fundraising can signal to larger foundation and government grantmakers that a wide audience finds the WLP forums and network valuable and worthy of support.