You’re invited to a soundwalk and performance by Chicago Phonography at the Brushwood Center at Ryerson Woods — 1-3 p.m. on Sunday, January 25, 2015. This event is free and open to the public, and co-presented by the Midwest...
Friday, December 14, 2012 (7 p.m.) Southside Hub of Production 5638 S. Woodlawn Ave. Chicago, IL 60637 773-710-5464 Throughout this year we have seen wonderful demonstrations of admiration and respect for Rachel Carson and her legacy. This evening’s event...
framework – phonography / field recording; contextual and decontextualized sound activity presented by patrick mcginley
playlist #298: 2010.09.26
this edition of framework:afield, entitled collected ear is the third of four editions produced by members of the world listening project, this one in the u.s. (and not in the uk, as i mistakenly said during the show – sorry andy!) by andy armstrong.
andy says: I tried to focus the show on a somewhat diverse array of raw, relatively unprocessed recordings, calling to attention more personal/unique interpretations of field recording, regardless of fidelity. The idea was to provide you with a seamless conversation between people, objects, and places.
- Family Xmas Dinner – Eric Boivin
- 7 Markers Across a Hallway (excerpt) – Noé Cuéllar http://www.futurevessel.com/
- Paradise IV – Paul Connolly http://www.brightbluebeetle.com/
- Seagulls and Where They Live – Joe Stevens http://soundsofseaside.tumblr.co
- Bridge – Andy Armstrong http://m-t-map.tumblr.com
- Doing the Dishes – Björn Eriksson http://ruccas.org/wiki.pl/Miulew
- Megabus 7 Layer Drone – Royl Culbertson
- Waves on to a Sandy Beach – Joe Stevens
- Lizard – Miles Bowe http://milesoutinthefield.blogspot.com
- Drift Away, Laying on the Beach – Joe Stevens
- Washdrone – Royl Culbertson
- Old Dog/Spillway – Greaser http://fewchur.blogspot.com/