Friday, December 14, 2012 (7 p.m.) Southside Hub of Production 5638 S. Woodlawn Ave. Chicago, IL 60637 773-710-5464 Throughout this year we have seen wonderful demonstrations of admiration and respect for Rachel Carson and her legacy. This evening’s event...
The fourth and final edition of the World Listening Project’s mini-series for Framework Radio will broadcast on Sunday, April 24. “#326 Worlds Unheard” was produced by Midwest Society for Acoustic Ecology (MSAE) member Gregory O’Drobinak who assembled a fascinating...
framework – phonography / field recording; contextual and decontextualized sound activity presented by patrick mcginley
playlist #298: 2010.09.26
this edition of framework:afield, entitled collected ear is the third of four editions produced by members of the world listening project, this one in the u.s. (and not in the uk, as i mistakenly said during the show – sorry andy!) by andy armstrong.
andy says: I tried to focus the show on a somewhat diverse array of raw, relatively unprocessed recordings, calling to attention more personal/unique interpretations of field recording, regardless of fidelity. The idea was to provide you with a seamless conversation between people, objects, and places.
- Family Xmas Dinner – Eric Boivin
- 7 Markers Across a Hallway (excerpt) – Noé Cuéllar http://www.futurevessel.com/
- Paradise IV – Paul Connolly http://www.brightbluebeetle.com/
- Seagulls and Where They Live – Joe Stevens http://soundsofseaside.tumblr.co
- Bridge – Andy Armstrong http://m-t-map.tumblr.com
- Doing the Dishes – Björn Eriksson http://ruccas.org/wiki.pl/Miulew
- Megabus 7 Layer Drone – Royl Culbertson
- Waves on to a Sandy Beach – Joe Stevens
- Lizard – Miles Bowe http://milesoutinthefield.blogspot.com
- Drift Away, Laying on the Beach – Joe Stevens
- Washdrone – Royl Culbertson
- Old Dog/Spillway – Greaser http://fewchur.blogspot.com/
The American Society for Acoustic Ecology is pleased to announce ASAE Chicago:
"Listening for the Future"
July 9th, 10th & 11th, 2010
March 11 Meeting Report Posted. The report from the March 11th MSAE/WLP meeting has posted to the worldlistening yahoo group, and to the Midwest Society for Acoustic Ecology google discussion group.
Eric Leonardson presents a 45-minute curated audio program of field recordings and soundscape compositions by the World Listening Project’s global membership. Saturday’s program includes a full day and evening of performances and readings. 2:00-11:00 p.m., Saturday, October 10, 2009...