You are invited to participate in World Listening Day 2015, an annual global event held on July 18. The purposes of World Listening Day are to: Celebrate the listening practices of the world and the ecology of its acoustic...
You are invited to participate in the 2013 World Listening Day. World Listening Day has been happening annually on July 18, since 2010, and the fourth annual World Listening Day happens on Thursday, July 18. The purposes of World Listening...
The Sounding Out! blog made July their "World Listening Month", and a special podcast focusing on World Listening Day goes out on Wednesday, July 18.
The 2012 World Listening Day happens on Wednesday, July 18th. The purposes of World Listening Day are: to celebrate different ways we can focus on our soundscape (sonic environment); to raise awareness about the acoustic ecology movement, including ideas...
The fourth and final edition of the World Listening Project’s mini-series for Framework Radio will broadcast on Sunday, April 24. “#326 Worlds Unheard” was produced by Midwest Society for Acoustic Ecology (MSAE) member Gregory O’Drobinak who assembled a fascinating...
framework – phonography / field recording; contextual and decontextualized sound activity presented by patrick mcginley
playlist #298: 2010.09.26
this edition of framework:afield, entitled collected ear is the third of four editions produced by members of the world listening project, this one in the u.s. (and not in the uk, as i mistakenly said during the show – sorry andy!) by andy armstrong.
andy says: I tried to focus the show on a somewhat diverse array of raw, relatively unprocessed recordings, calling to attention more personal/unique interpretations of field recording, regardless of fidelity. The idea was to provide you with a seamless conversation between people, objects, and places.
- Family Xmas Dinner – Eric Boivin
- 7 Markers Across a Hallway (excerpt) – Noé Cuéllar http://www.futurevessel.com/
- Paradise IV – Paul Connolly http://www.brightbluebeetle.com/
- Seagulls and Where They Live – Joe Stevens http://soundsofseaside.tumblr.co
- Bridge – Andy Armstrong http://m-t-map.tumblr.com
- Doing the Dishes – Björn Eriksson http://ruccas.org/wiki.pl/Miulew
- Megabus 7 Layer Drone – Royl Culbertson
- Waves on to a Sandy Beach – Joe Stevens
- Lizard – Miles Bowe http://milesoutinthefield.blogspot.com
- Drift Away, Laying on the Beach – Joe Stevens
- Washdrone – Royl Culbertson
- Old Dog/Spillway – Greaser http://fewchur.blogspot.com/