Reading Aimilia’s fascinating writings based on Spaces Speak, Are You Listening – a book I found very interesting – I thought I’d write a little bit about the work that I do. I am particularly interested in people’s sense...
framework – phonography / field recording; contextual and decontextualized sound activity presented by patrick mcginley
playlist #298: 2010.09.26
this edition of framework:afield, entitled collected ear is the third of four editions produced by members of the world listening project, this one in the u.s. (and not in the uk, as i mistakenly said during the show – sorry andy!) by andy armstrong.
andy says: I tried to focus the show on a somewhat diverse array of raw, relatively unprocessed recordings, calling to attention more personal/unique interpretations of field recording, regardless of fidelity. The idea was to provide you with a seamless conversation between people, objects, and places.
- Family Xmas Dinner – Eric Boivin
- 7 Markers Across a Hallway (excerpt) – Noé Cuéllar http://www.futurevessel.com/
- Paradise IV – Paul Connolly http://www.brightbluebeetle.com/
- Seagulls and Where They Live – Joe Stevens http://soundsofseaside.tumblr.co
- Bridge – Andy Armstrong http://m-t-map.tumblr.com
- Doing the Dishes – Björn Eriksson http://ruccas.org/wiki.pl/Miulew
- Megabus 7 Layer Drone – Royl Culbertson
- Waves on to a Sandy Beach – Joe Stevens
- Lizard – Miles Bowe http://milesoutinthefield.blogspot.com
- Drift Away, Laying on the Beach – Joe Stevens
- Washdrone – Royl Culbertson
- Old Dog/Spillway – Greaser http://fewchur.blogspot.com/