Happy World Listening Day! The 2015 theme for World Listening Day is “H2O” and we have been thrilled to receive submissions from across the world. Participation in World Listening Day has rapidly expanded every year since the inaugural event...
The World Listening Project is pleased to announce a new guest blogger initiative. In the upcoming months guest bloggers will be writing about changing soundscapes, new listening practices, new recording techniques, reflections on recent events, interdisciplinary connections to acoustic...
framework – phonography / field recording; contextual and decontextualized sound activity presented by patrick mcginley
playlist #298: 2010.09.26
this edition of framework:afield, entitled collected ear is the third of four editions produced by members of the world listening project, this one in the u.s. (and not in the uk, as i mistakenly said during the show – sorry andy!) by andy armstrong.
andy says: I tried to focus the show on a somewhat diverse array of raw, relatively unprocessed recordings, calling to attention more personal/unique interpretations of field recording, regardless of fidelity. The idea was to provide you with a seamless conversation between people, objects, and places.
- Family Xmas Dinner – Eric Boivin
- 7 Markers Across a Hallway (excerpt) – Noé Cuéllar http://www.futurevessel.com/
- Paradise IV – Paul Connolly http://www.brightbluebeetle.com/
- Seagulls and Where They Live – Joe Stevens http://soundsofseaside.tumblr.co
- Bridge – Andy Armstrong http://m-t-map.tumblr.com
- Doing the Dishes – Björn Eriksson http://ruccas.org/wiki.pl/Miulew
- Megabus 7 Layer Drone – Royl Culbertson
- Waves on to a Sandy Beach – Joe Stevens
- Lizard – Miles Bowe http://milesoutinthefield.blogspot.com
- Drift Away, Laying on the Beach – Joe Stevens
- Washdrone – Royl Culbertson
- Old Dog/Spillway – Greaser http://fewchur.blogspot.com/